What is a Neighbourhood Development Plan?
On 23 February 2016 the Parish of Alvington was designated as a Neighbourhood Area and is currently undertaking a Neighbourhood Plan
Alvington: Past, Present and Future.
A Neighbourhood Plan…
• Needs the community to have their say in the future of their area.
• Can influence where new development is located, and the design, layout
and materials used.
• Can help to ensure that new development is sympathetic to the surrounding
area and meets the needs of the local community.
• Is a community-led framework for guiding the future development and growth
of an area. It may contain a vision, aims, planning policies, proposals for
improving the area or providing new facilities, or allocation of key sites for
specific kinds of development.
• Relates to the use and development of land and associated social,
economic and environmental issues.
• May deal with a wide range of issues (like housing, employment, heritage
and transport) or it may focus on one or two issues that are of particular
importance in a local area.
• Must positively and sustainably seek to meet the development needs of
their area – it will not stop development.
• Is a legal document with the same status as the Local Plan once it has
undergone examination and referendum.
For more information: http://alvingtonvillage.org/planning/